Monday, October 25, 2010

And Yet Another Test...

So I'm all revved up for chemo. I've talked myself into being ready and I'm totally ready to get started. I'm 2 days away and it may not happen. Breast MRI shows a white spot behind the seroma where I had the lumpectomy. This could be benign, but the radiologist doesn't want to gamble so she's leaving it up to my surgical oncologist. My medical oncologist is out of the office all week - the week I'm having my first chemo cycle.

I had a second opinion at a comprehensive cancer center. The doctor there said he'd do the same thing as my medical oncologist, except he would only give half a dose of Nuelasta because of my lupus (Nuelasta may cause an already overfunctioning immne system to get further out of balance).  Cancer Center doctor will contact my doctor.

I'm still having the port placed in my arm in the morning and my dad is still on the way to spend time with me. I'm scared, scared, scared. I need to utilize guided imagery; I'll have to download on IPod if it's available.  Still constipated and chemo hasn't started. Now I'm just rambling, thank God for Ativan.

No comments:

Post a Comment