Saturday, October 16, 2010

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Does cancer cause divorce? I'm serious. Let's see: I have breast cancer and I want a divorce. Well, I've wanted a divorce for 8 years, but I've always made an excuses to stay. I don't think it's been worth it though. I feel down trodden and just sad. I don't want to feel sad anymore damn it!

I've spent 18 years in a relationship that I knew was not working, at least not for me. I'm not looking for sympathy nor am I going to accept any smart lipped comments. I'm just venting that's all.

I see freedom ahead...I wonder if I'll go through with it afterall.

2 comments:

  1. Do it if you feel it's the best choice for YOU. Don't stay if friends tell you you'll have no one, don't stay because you have Breast Cancer, stay because YOU feel things can be worked out.

    Like you I was married for a number of years. I stayed because I was to afraid to leave. One day I pulled up my big girl panties, walked away.....
    For the first time in many years I made the decision...it was by the way the best one!!.

    Love Alli xoxo

    ReplyDelete